[C320-list] gasket

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 17:02:03 PDT 2010

I just took care of this nagging problem last week. It's more than a
nuisance because the water will drain into the steering quadrant, which
isn't a good thing.
I planned on changing the gasket, but it is imbedded in the plate. I bought
a new deck plate--it's a Bomar and I believe it's the 8" (measured from the
outer piece). I hoped to just use the gasket, but the gasket is siliconed to
the deck piece, so I cleaned up the old gasket, used some silicone grease
and used the new cover. I also found that the caulking from the screws that
are used to hold the rim in place was gone, so I rebedded the screws with
silicone. This has stopped the leaking. If it does leak again, I'll go ahead
and replace the rim (which contains the new gasket), but for now it seems to
be working well...

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582