[C320-list] outhaul lost in boom

Peter Belsky peter at peterbelsky.com
Tue Jun 15 18:08:13 PDT 2010

thanks for the suggestions. Indeed the block in the boom makes this
more difficult, however, the pulley can be pulled to the aft end of
the boom by pulling the outhaul. I was able to tie a thin line to one
of the reef lines, and pull it threw the boom. Then, with patience the
line can be pushed over from the reef line pulley over to the outhaul
pulley.

Things that I found helpful:

- a screwdriver and thin pliers to move the thin line over to the
outhaul pulley.
- then a little tape on the line was enough to secure it to the
pulley. a screwdriver with sticky tape exposed help rotate the pulley
to get the line around it.
- finally I could tie the thin line to the outhaul on the stern and
pull it forward and out the boom...

whew