[C320-list] SURVEY Anchor Type Chain

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 01:52:54 PDT 2010

Our C320 has the upgraded Maxwell 800.
I started from a coastal cruising sailor stand point ... (Sydney to the
Great Barrier Reef and further north).
So when we ordered our C320, I specified the Maxwell 800 + 55 meters (180
feet). 5/16th short link chain.
Plus a 35lb anchor.
Bad decision, as it lowers the bow ;o(
So I have shorten it to 43 meters (141 feet) .. still sinks the bow with the
35lb Manson!
Now thinking I'll shorten it again to just 30 meters (98 feet) + some warp.
Hence my Survey Questions.

Thanks to all for your responses . I hope to post the combined results.
Bruce Stanley C320#1084/Sydney Australia