[C320-list] Outhaul lost in boom

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Wed Jun 16 04:14:16 PDT 2010

I have often wondered the reason for the internal block.  It does mean that
there is twice as much line holding the tack and clew down and with two
lines there will be less stretch than one.  Any stretch in the reefing lines
during a gust will allow the tack and clew to raise a little making the sail
draft deeper adding to the heeling forces, just what you do not want to
happen at this point.

You could accomplish a reduction in stretch by using a higher tech low
stretch line too.

Larry
Windswept C320 #246