[C320-list] Fuel Filter

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Sat Jun 26 06:57:25 PDT 2010

I think the situation is more complicated than that, since there are
T-connectors in the fuel lines involved.  I confess to never
understanding the purpose, design or logic of the fuel return system.

That said, I recall that there is a different, low-tech fix for this
problem that involves putting a ball bearing in one of the fuel lines to
block flow.  An experienced Yanmar mechanic recommended this to me a few
years back, as a preventive measure.  Since I wasn't having fuel
problems I didn't do the fix then, didn't write down the details, and
now can't remember them.  Does anyone else remember the details?  I'm
pretty sure I read about it here first, long before the mechanic made
the recommendation.

Scott

--
Scott Thompson