[C320-list] Water pump

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 09:53:13 PDT 2010

Mike, I, too, am finding a small quantity of water in the engine sump and
haven't been able to locate the source.  I could be the fresh water pump.

For my information, how many hours have you on the engine (I have 1,500,)?

Perhaps a small amount of water from the weep hole is not serious. It's
possible that the pump is designed to use water bypass as a lubricant.
However, if there is any wobble on the shaft it should likely need service.

I have no personal experience with depcopump.com; but, they can rebuild
these pumps, and have a huge inventory. Their web site also has a wealth of
info about all types of pumps.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay