[C320-list] steering tight

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 22:21:33 PST 2010

All

The steering on Cherie is very tight.  We are convinced that it was not this
tight before and that something has changed..  We inspected the quadrant and
found no foreign material jamming it.  The turning pulleys are free, the
chain and sprocket are free, the autopilot is not dragging, and the brake is
free.  We had a diver check it out several weeks ago and will have him check
it again and check specifically for fishing line or other debris.

Has anyone had a problem with the rudder shaft binding or with any other
steering failure that appeared to be a rudder dragging?

Any experience or ideas would be appreciated.

Pat Ireland Cherie #801