[C320-list] VC 17

CDickhut2 at aol.com CDickhut2 at aol.com
Mon Mar 8 07:21:03 PST 2010

Brad -
As Stan said this stuff evaporates like crazy. I also roll it on and use
about 3 quarts without thinning it. I try to apply it on a cool day with as
little wind as possible. While I roll it on I do, not use a tray. I mix the
VC-17 in a milk jug as Stan does but I than pour it into a squeeze bottle.
I use  the kind normally used for ketchup and mustard. I squeeze a little on
the roller  and apply it to the hull. Eliminates evaporation from the tray.

Funny story - My two boys wanted to surprise me a few years ago by putting
the VC-17 on the boat while I was on vacation. They did not know about the
evaporation issues and used 6+ quarts purchased on my credit account

Fair winds,
Captain Chuck  & Marilyn Dickhut
S/V Obsession
Catalina 320  #114