[C320-list] No Fuel

Taylor Devlin tdevlin944 at msn.com
Wed Mar 24 08:26:47 PDT 2010

Yesterday I changed the primary fuel filter on our C320 Yanmar 3GM30F.  It was clean, but I replaced it and the seals.  Following the Yanmar manual I opened what I think are the correct bleed bolts and used the fuel lift pump to charge the system with fuel, but nothing came.  The engine has only about 500 hours on it, tanks full and fuel shutoff open.  I started the engine to see if that would fill the fuel line, but after running for about 3 minutes it slowly ran down and stopped, presumably starved of fuel.  I even tried tuning the engine when decompressed to move the fuel lift pump on its cam, but nothing.  Before I call in the cavalry, does anyone have an idea of what may be
wrong?

Taylor Devlin
Escape, #983
Salt Spring Island, BC