[C320-list] Slippery deck and cockpit

jpmesa at aol.com jpmesa at aol.com
Tue May 25 16:35:46 PDT 2010

It was blowing 20+ this weekend and I found the cockpit was very slippery even with my good deck shoes (boat only). Being a 1994 with a lot of use the deck & cockpit need some roughing up.  I'm not a big fan of the tape.  I was thinking about sand or the walnut shell which is about half of the weight of sand.  Ships store said I did not have to use epoxy, just good paint. One coat down then cover with sand or walnut, dry and vacuum excess and then another coat over the top. I was going to do some testing on plywood before doing the boat.  Has anyone in the club done this before or another way?  Thank, John Holokai 2