[C320-list] Slippery deck and cockpit

argates2nd at comcast.net argates2nd at comcast.net
Tue May 25 17:02:22 PDT 2010

15 years ago when we had a Catalina Capri 26 our non-skid deck areas wore to a slippery state, probably from scrubbing bird crap from our MA mooring.
I used an Interlux or Petit deck paint with their additive grit mixed in for non skid. One coat did the trick and I went over all of the non-skid area including the cockpit with a 3" wide roller and a brush, having masked off the non skid.
The only down side, apart from the sore back, was that when I went to sell that boat there were a lot of questions about why the non skid was repainted it was apparent because the color was not a match for the normal grey. Rollie #182