[C320-list] Help with what you can please

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Mon May 10 03:12:29 PDT 2010

Paul - I have a scanned owner's manual that I will send separately (can't do
attachments on the list-serve).  When Linda and I bought our C320, we were
looking at a Hunter.  A friend told us we'd be happy with a Hunter for about
2 years but a Catalina for the rest of our lives!  That was 8 years ago and
he was not wrong.

The water tank drains from forward to aft.  You need to find the valves.  On
our 2002 vintage, they are under the aft bunk, port side.  But some folks
moved them to under the galley sink for easier access.  But if you install a
tank monitoring system (see article on Association website), you never need
to mess with the valves again.

The fridge on our boat drains to the thru hull under the head sink.  There
is a pump with a Y-valve that gets switched from shower sump to fridge sump.
There should be a switch in the head that activates the pump.  But some of
the older C320's, I believe, drained to the bilge.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - C320
Columbia, MD