[C320-list] Second Reef - Selden Rig

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Mon May 17 10:00:00 PDT 2010

Hi Jerry,

There's a picture on the site of a technique that might help smooth out the
handling depending on your final rigging arrangement.

http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=2008111610212
3811

We've used it for years and makes it super easy to deal with adding and
shaking out the reef.  With a second reefing line, you're going to have
quite a bit of extra line to deal with and being able to easily pull it in
when the sail is down, or let it all out when the sail is unreefed becomes a
hassle unless you eliminate the friction.

Also, are you looking at single or double line reefing for this second reef?

Good luck, let us know what you figure out.

-Jeff