[C320-list] Second Reef - Selden Rig

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Mon May 17 10:14:10 PDT 2010

> Does anyone have a second reef with a Selden Rig?  I am
> having trouble getting enough travel on the line from the
> sliding reef block in the boom to the second reef to fully
> raise the main.
>
> I am working with the dealer but would appreciate anyone
> else's experience

Jerry,

I had a second (and third) reef put in my main after purchase (It got a bit
interesting with only the one reef and the wind gusting 37 knots).  I have
no trouble getting the travel to fully raise the main.  I do need to pull
the line out at the boom end to ease the friction when shaking out the reef
however.  From memory, there was a mousing line in place in the boom for the
second reef and I used this when installing the line.

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141