[C320-list] Second Reef - Selden Rig

Myron Welch myron-welch at uiowa.edu
Thu May 27 08:02:39 PDT 2010

Hi Jeff,

Most photos open, but when I tried to view this picture and two other
previous photos, but get the following message: "You do not have
proper security privilege to view this page.  Your user name and IP
address have been recorded."  It makes no difference if I sign in or
not.  What do I need to do?  Thanks for all your help.

Myron Welch
Wind Instrument #238
Iowa City, Iowa

On May 17, 2010, at 12:00 PM, Jeff Hare wrote:

> Hi Jerry,
>
> There's a picture on the site of a technique that might help smooth
> out the
> handling depending on your final rigging arrangement.
>
> http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=2008111610212
> 3811
>
> We've used it for years and makes it super easy to deal with adding
> and
> shaking out the reef.  With a second reefing line, you're going to
> have
> quite a bit of extra line to deal with and being able to easily pull
> it in
> when the sail is down, or let it all out when the sail is unreefed
> becomes a
> hassle unless you eliminate the friction.
>
> Also, are you looking at single or double line reefing for this
> second reef?
>
> Good luck, let us know what you figure out.
>
> -Jeff

Dr. Myron Welch
Director of Bands Emeritus
Professor of Music
Collegiate Fellow, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
The University of Iowa