[C320-list] Jib halyard replacement [was something else!]

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Tue May 18 05:12:34 PDT 2010

Agreed, especially on a roller furler where the extra stiffness of
Sta-Set-X is not as much of a liability because the sail isn't going up
and down very often.  However be aware that Sta-Set-X has a linear core,
which is why it has less stretch, but it requires special splicing
instructions.  It's actually easier to splice than regular double-braid,
but you need to know how.  Instructions are on the NE Ropes web site, or
at least they used to be when I last had a need.

Scott

--
Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653