[C320-list] TV Mount

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Wed May 19 21:22:39 PDT 2010

My TV is mounted just where you are going to mount yours.  Since I really
only watch the weather and news not being able to see it most of the time
is really a benefit.

More importantly, when I mounted mine I drilled holes through both the salon
and head bulkheads and used the largest fender washers I could on the head
side.  I made sure the diameter of the holes matched the mounting screws as
closely as possible.  I used screws of the right length so that they
bottomed out in the female threads on the back of the TV without compressing
the bulkheads together.  I think on a couple I needed to add a small washer
as a spacer.

I have had the TV mounted this way for a number of years and have made many
overnight trips in rough weather in the Gulf of Mexico and it has stayed
there just fine.  My TV is more like a 13 inch size, is not a TV/DVD combo
and there are four mounting screws so the load is probably quite a bit less.

With some type of spacer you should be just fine.

Larry
WindSwept
Catalina 320 #246