[C320-list] Vang Adjustment

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Tue May 25 09:11:35 PDT 2010

first the topping lift should always be eased to sail and only used
to put the sail away or maybe when you reef to hold the boom up but
my vang does that. Next try to raise the main halyard to tighten the
sail and that should hold your boom up. If that does not work then
you might need to recut the main and raise the boom on the mast.

Pat #130

At 10:55 AM 5/25/2010, you wrote:

>My 2003 C320 has a Sparcraft spring vang fitted.  When the topping
>lift is eased the vang drops and rubs on the dodger tubing.  The
>spring does stop the vang eventually, but it seems to be too
>low.  Is the spring vang adjustable?  If so, how does one adjust it.  Thanks.
>
>Taylor Devlin
>Escape #938
>
>Salt Spring Island
>British Columbia