[C320-list] Vang Adjustment

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Tue May 25 10:14:52 PDT 2010

Sparcraft (Charleston) vangs are being used these days?  Interesting, I thought Garhauer was making them.

Anyway,  you *may* be able to adjust it like you can the Garhauer vang.

With that, you can remove the spring cap and spring and add a spacer to cause the spring to sit a tad higher in the tube.  Has the same effect as moving the boom fitting closer to the mast by an inch or two.

The spacer shim was a short piece of proper diameter PVC pipe that the spring sits on inside the tube.

-Jeff