[C320-list] Main Sail Furling Line

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Wed Nov 10 11:03:23 PST 2010

What you describe is NOT an end for end splice.  Depending whether you
need a constant diameter splice or not you could use the instructions on
one of these two pages.  (These are for double braid.)

http://www.neropes.com/SPL_DoubleBraidEndSplice.aspx
http://www.neropes.com/SPL_DoubleBraidConstant.aspx

Note that constant diameter end for end splices in double braid are
weaker and harder to make.

And I would ask your dealer to give you a name at Catalina for the "VP
of Engineering" so you can call and check.  I suspect that's Gerry
Douglas. I'd be surprised if any real sailor approved that method.

Scott

--
Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653