[C320-list] FRESH WATER POOLING

David Swanson kswanson123 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 11 20:41:22 PST 2010

in my boat I have had 2 leaks:  1.  The drain valves in the same areas had a slight leak at the fittings.  Simple wiggling the fittings cured this leak.  2.  I had water from the hot water tank escaping from the hot water tank's pressure relief valve.  It does this because the water in the tank expands as it heats up.

This is what we had for fresh water system leaks in our later model boat.

Dave

S/V Emily Ann
2007 C320 MK II, No. 1107
Mukilteo, WA

On Nov 11, 2010, at 10:26 AM, John Frost wrote:

> If you have even a small leak from the fresh water system, hot or cold, you
> should hear the pump cycle on its own pretty frequently. There is no
> accumulator, so as soon as a few drops leak out, the pressure drops and the
> pump comes on for a moment. If you are not hearing this, I would look
> elsewhere for water entry.
>
> Happy Sailing!
>
> John
> 2007 C320MKII