[C320-list] Kiwi Prop Autoprop Comments

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 20:08:34 PST 2010

Andrew-Ditto on the Autoprop which I have on my 2002 320 for 6 years now.  A
little pricy.  Boat show price and no sales tax to boot helped a little.
I do sometimes miss the prop walk with my old OEM fixed 3 blade when doing
pivot turns in tight quarters, but otherwise a good performer.

Did you use a spacer on the Autoprop installation to keep the blades from
brushing the strut during the pivot from forward to reverse?  I installed a
5/8 in. spacer on the prop shaft to make it a little longer to eliminate any
possibility of contact during blade pivoting when shifting between forward
and reverse.  I am considering removing the spacer since the prop shaft is
at the maximum recommended 1.5 inches distance from the prop front hub to
the strut with the spacer and am concerned about cutlass bearing wear as the
prop is heavier than the original 3 blade fixed prop as are most of the
feathering ones.  It is a simple trick to remove the spacer and go back to
the original prop shaft length.

Bob Sloat
Savannah #894