[C320-list] Clean Propellers

Joseph Aberdale summerwind3 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 27 19:57:04 PDT 2010

Hello To All,

The prop on my recently hauled C320 had a lot of barnacles (new
owner).  I just finished reading Nigel Calder's article on this
problem in the Sept. issue of Sail Magazine in which he mentions
several products to remedy the problem.  Does anyone have a favorite
product among these?  Do you recommend painting the prop with bottom
paint first before applying one of these products?  Mr. Calder's
research shows that fuel consumption increases 50% with "with just a
few barnacles on the propeller."

Thanks very much.

Joe