[C320-list] Humming noise from boom

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Tue Oct 12 10:36:01 PDT 2010

Humming, whistling and other kinds of noises are very common when the
wind blows across the slot of an inmast furling system at just the right
angle.  If you search the web you can find lots of anecdotes.  The usual
solution is to get a sailmaker to make up some kind of an antiwhistle
strip that you hoist up the back of the mast to interrupt the airflow.

--
Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653