[C320-list] Salon table removal

wflowe3 at aim.com wflowe3 at aim.com
Fri Oct 15 10:39:00 PDT 2010

 Imade a smaller table top because I don't need it for sleeping and don'tfeed a lot of folks. Removing the top is really easy, just remove thescrews on the flange underneath and lift up the top. Although I didn'tneed to remove the pedestal I did it anyway to place a 2x4 under it toraise the table slightly; makes sliding my belly under the tableeasier., I don't remember exactly how the pedestal came out but it musthave been easy or I couldn't have done it. Seems like it just liftedout. You can see the bottom of the pedestal when you remove the forwardbilge access sole.  Since I raised the pedestal, I used some woodenshims to stabilize it at the higher level. The top looks good, is at amore convenient height for eating and has no wobble.