[C320-list] Back Stay Adjuster and Headstay toggle

allan.field at verizon.net allan.field at verizon.net
Fri Oct 15 15:08:58 PDT 2010

Test. Did i pass?

Allan S Field
Sent via DROID X on Verizon Wireless

-----Original message-----
From: Jeff Hare <catalina at thehares.com>
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Sent: Fri, Oct 15, 2010 18:52:58 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Back Stay Adjuster and Headstay toggle

Hi,

Whether you NEED to add a toggle depends on whether you have some adjustment
left in the turnbuckle under the furling drum.

I bought the toggle but found I had many inches left on the turnbuckle and
didn't need it.  You may need to figure out whether your mast is raked or
not to start with.

John Vez has added the backstay adjuster and used it over the years.  I
believe that you can only really tighten/loosen the headstay with a BS
adjuster although Maybe you can bend the mast a little if the forward lowers
are tight enough.

Hopefully others will chime in on the effectiveness of this upgrade.

I'm sure experiences vary a lot.
-Jeff