[C320-list] Mainsheet

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:07:02 PDT 2010

We too have been looking at improving the main sheet cleat configuration and
would really like to convert to a cam.  However, in heavy air, the load is
significant, even with a change to a single ended sheet and some additional
purchase.   So take care.  We have learned to use the winch for now and will
continue to do so until we find a safe alternate layout.  Of significant
concern is the amount of sheet that will be required if additional purchase
blocks are installed.   That extra length may be as cumbersome as the
frustrating clam cleat.  Really would like to see what you develop.    This
is an interesting subject as it looks like other Catalina models have the
same configuration.  You would think someone has an answer.  FYI - Sort on
the post history to see prior 320 discussion.

Pat, 801