[C320-list] Seacock Question...

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Thu Oct 21 04:12:43 PDT 2010

Thanks Bob,

I contacted Forespar last night. With the seacock closed, the handle is
designed to be serviced in the water with no concern for water ingress. The
Forespar tech guy thinks that I need to replace an O-ring at the handle. He
is going to send me a few and hopefully this solves the problem! BTW,
Forespar has been very helpful and great to work with...

I'm in Boston Harbor--all of the marinas in the harbor allow wintering in
the water--no bubblers needed as the harbor never freezes over (the 10 foot
tides help) and no additional risk assumed. I let my insurance company know
as well. I haul the boat every other year for bottom work etc., but I really
like keeping it in the water. I winterize and shrinkwrap just as I would out
of the water with no problems. There are several live aboards at our marina
as well....

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582