[C320-list] Haul Out

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Wed Sep 8 19:52:13 PDT 2010

The oil and filter for the motor gets changed prior to haulout, regardless
of hours. (always!).  The oil weight will depend on the motor.  My Yanmar
3YM30 uses 15W40.

The transmission fluid is motor oil.  Pure SAE 30 weight.  It can be hard to
find.

Check your operators manual for the correct oil weights and capacities for
both motor and tranny..  If you can't find it check the internet you can
find a copy there.

Transmission oil doesn't need to be changed every year.  If the boat is new
to you may not be a bad ideal.  Mine was dirty and I did change it first
year.  Engine oil, at least once per year, and always prior to winter
storage.

Also remember to check your anti freeze state.  Red is a heavy duty multi
season, green needs to be changed more often.  They don't recommend the
green stuff, check the specs very carefully,  they speak to how the stuff
reacts with aluminum blocks.  I guess if you are hauling now you may be in a
very cold climate and quite possibly your anti freeze needs to be drained.

Where are you...  in like northern Canada or something?  :)  85 and really
*nice* here in Maryland.....

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006