[C320-list] A High Pitched Whine Noise

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 11:24:17 PDT 2010

Your symptom sounds very much like prop harmonics. While there does
not seem to be any rationale in it appearing after a simple cleaning,
I have heard of it happening in one other instance and a light
flattening/rounding of the leading edge cured the whine.

While alignment is more likely to cause vibration than whine, accepted
wisdom is that alignment should be done after every haul out and
particularly after a land delivery

--
Chris Burti Farmville, NC