[C320-list] Crew Overboard!

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 18:48:29 PDT 2010

I single hand on Lake Michigan with Molly, my 50# chow/husky mix.  I will not take her out when small craft or worse warnings are in effect.  As a result, when she does come with me, I do not need to tether myself to the padeye mounted on the outside bulkhead under the companionway.  Molly wears the same 'sled dog type' harness on the boat that she wears when ashore.  When underway I use a tether just long enough to allow her up on the benches and short enough to keep her from interfering with the helm.  At anchor, she just uses a life jacket.  Like my human crew, my focus is keeping her on the boat.  It will take a real SNAFU to have her go DIA (dog in water).  Alan Hull 67 Holland MI