[C320-list] Sailing in Seattle - October 2010

Utility Email kswanson123 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 17 19:55:19 PDT 2010

If you are going to sail a charter keelboat in Seattle for a day, I would try to charter a boat from Shilshole Bay Marina. It is the sailing mecca for Puget Sound saltwater sailing. I have heard good things about Wind Works Sailing Club. I believe that they are based out of Shilshole Bay Marina and I think that they have have day charter opportunities.  Their website link is below:

http://www.windworkssailing.com/

If you want to do some small boat sailing in freshwater, consider Sail Sand Point on Lake Washington. Their website is below:

http://sailsandpoint.org/Sail_Sand_Point/Sail_Sand_Point.html

Have fun in Seattle, it is beautiful out on the water from a sailboat.

Dave

David B. Swanson, P.E., S.E.
Principal, LEED AP
Director, Structural Engineering