[C320-list] Shower Sump

Utility Email kswanson123 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 10 18:42:42 PDT 2011

An added remark about the sump pump icebox drain design on the C320.  On a previous boat, a Hunter 30, that we had, the icebox drained to the bilge.  I didn't like this setup as small crumbs of food, drips of milk, juice from lunchmeat, etc ended up in the bilge water.  If the bilge wasn't immediate cleaned, it would end up smelly because of the organic matter in the icebox drain water.

I find that having the icebox drain by the shower sump keeps this organic matter out of our bilge and cleaning the icebox is really a lot easier than cleaning the bilge.  I just hose out the icebox, flip the y-valve, and pump out the icebox wash water until it runs clear.

Anyway, some additional thoughts about the C320 sump pump design that I like.

Dave

Dave Swanson
S/V Emily Ann
2007 C320 MK II, No. 1107