[C320-list] Yanmar Problem

wflowe3 at aim.com wflowe3 at aim.com
Sun Apr 17 12:28:31 PDT 2011

 Get 3 or 4' of plastic tubing the same id as the intake hose. Get a plastic barb that fits into both the intake hose and the tubing. Connect the two together and secure with hose clamps. Set the bucket of water in the cockpit and run the tubing through the portlight to the bucket. Fill the tube/hose with water--stick the end in the bucket and start the engine unless there is a major blockage or the pump isn't working, the extra head from the elevated bucket should push out airlocks and get the pump primed and running.  This is the method I use to get anitfreeze into the system for winterizing.