[C320-list] Leaking Muffler

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Tue Apr 26 15:56:29 PDT 2011

Mike - I had the same problem, probably from the factory.  At any rate, I
replaced the entire muffler.  I had a pinhole leak in a seam and was not
confident of being able to get a good seal.  I did not have to send the old
one back; Catalina in FL was able to do a perfect match from my hull number.
Others however have had to return the old one before Catalina could make a
new one.  Getting the hoses off the muffler was not so bad.  Use a hair
dryer to heat up the ends and soap the inside when reinstalling, plus use
the dryer again.  Getting the muffler out however was a different story.
Many things needed to be moved aside in order to wiggle the cursed thing
out.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD