[C320-list] exhaust water discharge temperature

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 8 14:58:57 PDT 2011

I have a leaking seam in my aqua lift muffler where the bottom panel is bonded to the 'box' .  I have removed the muffler and routed out the leaking portion of the seam, but I need to know what the water exhaust mixture temperature is inside the muffler.  Have been on the phone with West Systems technical service, and interestingly their consumer products (G Flex is the 'best') begin to soften at 130 F (Tg is 138 F).  Anyone know or have better than a SWAG as to what the mixed cooling water / exhaust gas stream is ... or can anyone place a thermometer or thermocouple at the exhaust through hull of their boat.  I have out of state guests coming this weekend, so a prompt response would be appreciated.  Alan Hull 67 Holland, MI