[C320-list] Folo: ordering parts, happy ending

Walter Schaffer bohpilot at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 09:10:58 PDT 2011

Yes, this does have a happy ending – I have the parts. After
a bevy of emails to Ken and Kent on the east coast and west coast, a letter to
Frank Butler, and a very nice phone call with Mr. Butler, we solved the
mystery. The parts I needed for #515 are no longer installed on newer 320s. So
my parts were in storage on the west coast waiting to be shipped to the east coast.
This is why the east coast guy couldn’t figure out what I was ordering. At the
suggestion of Mr. Butler, I took pictures of parts I needed and emailed photos
to parts department. When parts shipment arrived in Florida, just like magic,
my parts were located.  Moral of
story is: send photos of what you need. Boat models change as do parts. All
the Catalina folks were helpful and courteous to the end of the month and half
hunt for parts.
Tks for all input comments. I hope this will help you order
parts.
Walt
Schaffer, #515
Bohemian II,