[C320-list] Inverter placement

Raymond L Yager ray.yager56 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 15:07:22 PDT 2011

I'm sure this is a well worn topic, but as I am new to the 320, I thought I would ask your humble opinions on placement of an inverter.  If I place it in the same area as the batteries, under the starboard settee, I'm not sure how I would tie it into the AC without running an extension cord somewhere.  How have you all accomplished this? Yes,  I have a very nice & ultra-quiet Yamaha generator to power the shore power if needed but it is a PITA to pull it out just to warm up some coffee in the microwave.  Our marina doesn't have shore power to the docks yet; next year we hope.  I've heard of replacing the charger in the port cockpit lazarette with a combo charger/inverter but that seems like a long way from the batteries.  Running heavy battery cables from point A to point B might be a chore too.  I'm all ears.

Ray Yager
s/v Waypoint (432)
Littleton, Colorado