[C320-list] New owner today

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Mon Aug 1 15:21:04 PDT 2011

Good luck on trailering 12000 pounds of boat plus maybe 1000 pounds of
trailer.  You probably will have to buy a pickup truck costing as much as
the
boat to do this.  Check wide load requirments for your route as the C320 is
11 feet 9 inches wide at its widest. And with
mountain travel, get a big time brake system for the trailer.

If you decide to shrink wrap the boat, then have an experienced shop do it
that knows about wrapping for highway travel.  55 mph against shrink wrap
for days on end could do damage to the boat.  My brother had a wooden Chris
Craft transported form Holland Michigan to Lake Tahoe and there was some
damage to the beautiful wood hull due to shrink wrap vibration at highway
speed on a open trailer 18 wheeler.

I would put the mast on the trailer in a location that the trailer builder
dedicates to it.  Empty all the water, holding and fuel tanks to lighten the
load and to prevent the tanks from working loose if loaded with fluids.

Bob Sloat
Savannah 894