[C320-list] Road Diesel vs Marine Diesel

Donald Lawson dnclaws at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 11:23:34 PDT 2011

All
 "untaxed" diesel  is available  for use primarily in agricultural applications, such as fuel for tractors and recreational and utility vehicles, such as boats,  that do not use public roads. This fuel may have higher sulphur levels.
"untaxed" diesel is usually dyed red for identification.  I am not sure if your area is any different but our marina diesel is red and expensive and  I suspect CA requires ULSD already in both types. I always use an additive anyway these days as ULSD has less lubricity.
Don Lawson
Ventura, CA