[C320-list] Martec prop

LOCALJG at aol.com LOCALJG at aol.com
Sun Aug 21 19:51:24 PDT 2011

Good info on the Martec Steve.  Thanks.  A Martec three bladed  prop came
with my 320 but during the initial pre-purchase haul out and  inspection, the
inspector found the propeller shaft was not true and the cutlass  bearing
needed replacing.  I replaced the Martec with the stock three  bladed fixed
prop that originally came with the boat from the  factory.  I haven't as yet
placed the Martec back on the boat.  Before  I do I wanted to find out if I
needed to get a stainless steel shaft?

All the things you said about the prop appear to be true.  It is
definitely one heavy piece of gear.  I am still debating whether to place  the Martec
back on my 320?

Perhaps a folding 3 bladed prop would be better?

John
Dreamtime #329

In a message dated 8/21/2011 4:22:28 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,