[C320-list] Insulating engine compartment.

Chuck and Kathy Mueller katchu at chartermi.net
Tue Dec 27 13:27:47 PST 2011

I insulated my C320 engine compartment last year.  I used the Yachtsman's
deluxe kit from Defender, but had to go back and order additional insulation
and tape.  I insulated the front and rear cover, sides, and under the access
plates over the water pump and the shaft.  I used cardboard templates to get
the right size, then cut with a razor knife.

On my 2000, there was interference between the large pulley on the front of
the engine, so I had to shave the insulation back one layer and retape that
area.  The kit comes with Mylar tape, but aluminum tape, readily available,
works just as well.

It does make a big difference in engine noise.

Chuck Mueller
Northwind #676
Holland , MI