[C320-list] Fridge Usage

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Tue Dec 6 16:47:02 PST 2011

> Stephen,
>
> Battery monitor is very easy to do, and well worth it. I had
> a link on my 320 and it's a great unit, however you may want
> to consider a Victron. They are cheaper, easier to install
> and have a great reputation. I put one on my new boat and am
> very happy with it. The connection is a simple RJ connector
> instead of a dozen tiny wires.

John Vez,

Its actually Colin who asked the original question.  I already have a BEP
600-DCM installed and didn't find the wiring onerous, certainly there
weren't dozens of them.  The big plus for me of the BEP unit, apart from
being able to check voltage levels on more than one battery bank was the
ability to monitor bilge pump usage on the same unit.  My boat is a two hour
drive away so I like to know what has been happening during my absence when
I get to it and its reassuring to see no cycles and no runtime on the bilge
pump monitoring.

Stephen Cox
Twegwen #1141
Canberra AUSTRALIA