[C320-list] Fridge Usage

Colin Evans twosailors at bigpond.com
Tue Dec 13 20:47:25 PST 2011

 Yesterday I made a bit of an error.  I have just spent a couple of hours
taking readings with the fridge running, and not running.  Thr first thing I
did was to turn off the shore power and leave thing for a while.
Fridge on  12.34v at fridge, 12.48 at Battery
Fridge off  12.15 at switch board 12.74 at battery  That`s the one I can`t
understand as other items on the switch board were reading around 12.72
Fridge running, 11.97 at the fridge 12.51 at battery and a reading of 0.7 at
the switchboard.  I don`t know what that means
I took several readings all about the same, but the last was with the fridge
switched off on the board I got 12.5 across the switch.
Now I am completely confused.

Ignoring the first reading, generally there seems to be 0.5v difference
between fridge and battery when running and 0.02v (not 0.2 as stated
yesterday)when stopped.  But I don`t understand the readings at the switch.
I also shifted the fridge connection on the switchboard to an un-used
position and got the same sort of readings.
I`ve tried wriggling connections.  The switch board connections look clean,
as do the connections into the Adler Barbour unit.
Regards
Colin Evans
Watermark #774
Lake Macquarie, Australia