[C320-list] Fridge Usage

Karl Mielenhausen kmielen at suddenlink.net
Wed Dec 14 10:54:30 PST 2011

Colin,

Here is some more data to ponder, from Hull #690 taken this morning:

Adler-Barbour Cold Machine
Fridge energized, thermostst set @ 1, not running (ie. OFF cycle)
@ Battery Bank 12.60 vDC
@ DC Buss on breaker panel (at connection from battery) 12.59vDC
@ switched side of the fridge breaker 12.59 vDC
@ fridge (at the white multitap insulated connector, called a terminal
strip in their manual, drawing on pg. 24)  12.58 vDC

Net drop: no more than .02v DC

Note that the last reading dropped to 11.90 vDC when the fridge kicked in.
This is more drop (0.68v DC) than I expected but the batteries are
obviously not at full charge.

As Stephen suggests, before you start replacing the relay and/or compressor
control module, try breaking and cleaning all electrical connections at the
compressor. Not an easy task but worth attempting.

Cheers,
Karl