[C320-list] insulating engine compartment

David Swanson kswanson123 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 27 13:36:57 PST 2011

Not much room in there, especially, in the front where the engine pulley is located.  You can, however, install the foam sheets at other areas of the engine cover.  The sound insulation foam sheets can be useful.  When installing, make sure you use the glue or screw mounted pins that poke through the sound insulation and cap off with a galvanized washer that slide onto the pins that poke through the foam sound insulating sheets.  You can use mylar tape to seal the edges of the foam sheets that you custom cut and install.  Just Google sound insulation for marine engines and you will find the foam sheet material and installation pins.  I believe that Defender US also carries them.

I haven't bothered to sound insulate the engine compartment of our C320, but I did do a previous sailboat.  A Hunter 30 with a noisy Yanmar and it worked pretty well.

Dave

David Swanson
S/V Emily Ann
2007 C320 MK II, No. 1107