[C320-list] RADAR cable going up the mast

LOCALJG at aol.com LOCALJG at aol.com
Wed Feb 2 19:50:18 PST 2011

A recently purchased Furuno Radar (model 1623) installation was going well
until it was time to get the radar cable moving up from the base of the
compression tube to the mast.

Can anyone who has already performed this feat of magic assist me with some
 advise?  We have drilled a hole in the mast above the bottom spreaders,
where the radar pod is mounted and we have dropped a weighted line down the
hole in the hopes we could find it with a hook made out of a coat hanger at
the  base of the compression tube.  Our plan has not been successful.

John G.
#329/1996