[C320-list] RADAR cable going up the mast

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Thu Feb 3 06:02:35 PST 2011

Yea, that's not going to work at all.  It helps to understand the setup of the compression post, the mast step and the mast. The top of the compression post is welded to a thick annodized aluminum plate that the mast step sits on.  That plate has a 1.5" hole in it to allow cables into the compression post.  To keep water out a 4" tall tube is welded over that hole and this is where the wires feed into. If properly commissioned, this hole is plugged with some putty or something.

Its highly unlikely this job could be done without a crane to lift the mast unless messenger strings were already in place.

-Jeff