[C320-list] Wheel pilot and Crazy Ivans

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 13:27:46 PST 2011

There used to be a more complte set posted in the Raymarine tech
support online database (which I printed and have on board)...this is
what I found today.

1. Change the Rudder Gain from 5 to 2
2. Change the Auto Trim from 3 to 2
3. Change the Response from 1 to 2
4. Change the Drive Type from 1 to 2

Here is the fluxgate compass test procedure...you need a good test
instrument to read in the recommended scale.

Raymarine Fluxgate Compass Test (Multi-meter required)

Multi-meter should be set to:

(a) Resistance scale

(b) 200 ohm scale

The following procedure should then be followed:

1. Disconnect the transducer from the system.

2. Connect one multi-meter lead to the red wire and the other lead to
the green wire and a reading

as indicated in the test data table should be present.

3. Follow the above procedure for all the color combinations indicated
in the test data table.

4. If all readings match those indicated assume the compass transducer
is functioning correctly.

Compass Test Data:

Compass
Cable Colors
 Resistance

Measurements
 Comments

Red to Green
 4 ohms
 Measurement is taken between the two colors

Red to Yellow
 4 ohms
 As above

Green to Yellow
 8 ohms
 As above

Screen to Blue
 8 ohms
 As above

All other combinations
 Open Circuit

You are looking for a short or open.  A +or - 2 Ohm reading is allowed.

If this check indicates a fault with the compass then you will be best
served by replacing the compass. If no problem is indicated then you
should send the compass and the course computer to a repair facility
for evaluation.

--
Chris Burti
Farmville, NC