[C320-list] Mechanic Recommendation, Water Pump Leak, Fuel Leak Questions

Dennis Harris dharris02 at suddenlink.net
Wed Jan 19 18:25:53 PST 2011

Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions. I went back to the boat today and spent some time in better lighting conditions checking the sources of my problems.  I believe I found the fuel leak. The inlet hose clamp on the fuel line to the engine filter was loose.  I tightened it and ran the engine briefly and everything seemed ok in regards to fuel system.  I’ll watch it closely because there was a fair amount of fuel in the catch pan under the engine when I first noticed it.

The water pump problem is definitely the shaft seal.  I could see that clearly, so I’ll be ordering the parts that were suggested.

Again, thanks.

Dennis Harris C320 #694 (2000) Odyssey (Yanmar 3GM30F European Version)